Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Anticipation Builds

So much has happened since my last blog post. I have met with my program coordinator, I got accepted to a weeklong program at Harvard Divinity School, I have met with people on campus who have been to Jerusalem, and (just today) I met someone who actually has a house in Jerusalem and Bethlehem. He even invited me to come over for dinner anytime I wanted and to meet his family. He said he has some children that are around my age.

The anticipation is seriously really nerve-racking. It is hard to keep focused this semester, because I am just looking forward to being in Israel next semester. I have been thinking about my plans to travel over my spring break and the more I am thinking about it, the less I kind of want to do it. Sure, it would be fun to travel, since everything is so much closer over there. However, there will be so little that I will have been able to see within Israel (the parts that I'm allowed to go to). I may just spend those two weeks really immersing myself in the city. Finding extremely random restaurants. Taking in a symphony of something along those lines. Who knows what the city has to hold.

I have also been talking with our new Campus Pastor, who used to live in Jerusalem. She was giving me advice on places that are good. She even told me about Aroma, a coffeehouse chain, that serves coffee like they do here, in America. She also said that I could have Arabic or Turkish coffee. The way she described it to me reminded me of Greek coffee. I am all on board for that. She also told me about local churches and nights that they have open dinners and volleyball. It is really nice learning about all these different things that I will be able to do, here before I leave.

Well, I'm off to class, I will try again and post later this week/weekend with more detailed stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment