Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Sense of Nostalgia

It snowed here over night, and it is finally feeling like winter. I am glad I got to see snow this year. I don't know if I will be seeing snow when I leave for Israel. The combination of this snow and the wonderful music I have been hearing all weekend have just put me into a very nostalgic mood. It is one of those moods where you just want to cry for no reason, but also for every reason.

I'm sitting next to a giant fake tree in my school's atrium realizing that this won't really be my home as it is now this time next year. It is a tradition of sorts for Juniors and Seniors to get a class ring here. I remember that when I ordered mine I wanted to make sure that it had meaning. I didn't want it to just symbolize a tradition, I wanted it to mean more. For me, it means all the people that I have met, and everything I learned, both in the classroom and about myself. This is really my last week here. When I come back it will be different. It will be me remembering all the shenanigans I got into, all the stories I had, all the people I met from other countries, and all my friends I made. It really is a time where everything just wants to come flooding out. Despite only knowing some people for only a few years, they have become some of my closest friends. Leaving high school never sucked this much, that's for sure. Why do all good things have to come to an end? 

No comments:

Post a Comment