Thursday, January 10, 2013

Like a Well Worn....Sock? Shirt? Pair of Jeans?

Today I went back to school. I know, I know. I'm not even studying here in town this Spring, but it is something I can't stay away from. I went to Concordia to see a friend do the chapel message today, which was.....awesome. I also just chilled the the atrium in the chairs that are there....for about 3-4 hours. I then dipped into "Faith in Dialogue," a class that I would be taking if I was actually here this Spring. For those of wondering, the class is about interfaith dialogue, which is crazy sweet, and their syllabus looks amazing.

However, I digress. As I was at Concordia we were all talking about how this semester feels different, but at the same time, the exact same. I said it was like putting on a pair of well worn socks, which some people didn't like. They said it felt more like a the perfect shirt, or even jeans. However, it is perfect right now. You don't have the rigid feeling, like when something is new. You also don't have the apathetic feeling of something that is overly experienced and no longer serves its purpose. It's funny how everything just fell almost perfectly into place in a matter of minutes. I cannot wait to be in Israel, and I hope all of my preparation softens the sock that I am about to put my foot into. I know it won't feel like Concordia, but it will still feel good.

Peace and Perfect Days

No comments:

Post a Comment