Sunday, January 13, 2013

Registration and the Final Touches

Today I woke up to a wonderful email saying that I could register for this semester. Of course, I immediately registered and I am now awaiting approval (I'm not sure what that means, but that's what the registration site says). If I am approved for all of my classes I will be taking: Colloquial Arabic I (Beginners), Contemporary Kabbalah, Modern Hebrew, and Original Sins: Genesis and its Ancient Interpreters. This brings me to 15 credits, so I have no space for another course, because that would push me over the limit that I am allowed to take through Concordia, and I really don't want to pay for overload credits (no thank you).

I'm getting everything washed at home and preparing to not live here anymore. My application for graduate school is waiting to be reviewed. My bags are all packed. My tickets are on their way to my house. Everything is becoming quite tangible rather quickly. 

People keep asking me if I'm excited. To be honest, I think that that is a rather silly question. Of course, I'm excited; and of course, I'm nervous, anxious, pumped, and every other emotion under the sun (except the ones in the anger family). This is something that I have been planning for almost a year now, so naturally I would be excited to finally get to Israel. People ask me about what I am most excited for. That too, is a hard a question. I'm super pumped that I'm going to Israel, does that count? I'm also super pumped to meet new people, eat new types of cuisine, learn new languages, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I usually just pull a copout and say that I am excited for everything (which is true). This is a once in a lifetime experience, and I don't want to begin to rank what I am most excited for. What I am truly excited for is to just experience everything. 

There is one thing that I am not excited for though. Not having a job. I know, that may sound weird, but it is really making me sit down and completely change how I budget money. I have never budgeted for a 6-month stretch, and then to make it even more work, I won't be having an income. On one hand it is kind of freeing, because I will have so much time. On the other hand it is kind of restricting, because I have to be much more mindful about spending money. Oh well, it will just be part of the experience. I accept the challenge. 

Peace and Packing Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment