Monday, February 11, 2013

Well...It Has Finally Happened

And so my body finally feels at home (Yes, I just started a sentence with “and.” English majors, you will have to accept it.). I am sick. Yes it sucks, but it is also good. Like in Greece, my body feels at home here and it is saying, “sickness, take me.” Boy did sickness listen. I have had about 6 cartons of fruit nectar in the past 2 days and I am currently on my 5th cup of green tea (I have a strict “get better” regime). I took 3 Tylenol pm yesterday to knock me and proceeded to sleep for about 12 hours, only to wake and STILL hit my snooze. Yes, it is THAT kind of sickness. But my sore throat is nearly gone and I am now plagued with the sniffles, what fun.

On the plus side, I have finally purchased some Tupperware containers and can now bring my lunch with me to school. I have adapted to spaghetti. It is crazy easy to make, easily refrigerated, also easily reheat-able, and tasty. Now I don’t have to spend so much Shekel on getting food at school (even though I will still treat myself to Falafel or Shawarma every now and then). I can’t have any mochas right now, because they are fraught with milk, and dairy and sickness do not mix well. Also, the instant coffee I got is nasty, and I only have it on weekends. I have yet to find a to-go mug for morning teas and whatnot. It is on my “to get” list.

For now, I am going to crawl into bed and sleep until morning. Hopefully I will feel even better then. We plan on doing a little more exploring this weekend, so who knows, maybe there will be some more pictures. 

3 comments: