Sunday, March 10, 2013

Little Lizards

I wish the title of this post was just a clever title, but no, little lizards, all up in our apartment this morning.

Okay, I exaggerate, there was only one, but still. Lizard in our apartment.

It was Sunday, so it was a slow morning, since I have no classes on Sunday, and I took a shower and one of my flatmates asked if anyone was home. I, having just showered, was preoccupied with getting clothed. My other flatmate comes out and I hear, "There is something alive in this apartment and it is under the refrigerator." Me, being in my room, and thinking to myself, "fantastic."

I walk out and am told the same thing, "There is something alive in this apartment and it is under the refrigerator." So we take a broom handle and start prodding underneath the fridge to no avail. Finally, we decide to move the fridge and lo and behold, there is a little lizard chilling under our fridge. For all of you who don't know, we live in a high rise style apartment building...on the EIGHTH floor (which is actually the NINTH floor, since ground floor is zero). So yes, this little lizard must have scaled nine stories to find its new residence under our fridge. 

So we see this lizard, and naturally we decide that it would be a good idea to prod it. Well, it ran away, under other furniture. We then chased it from there, and it ran into my flatmate's room. Well, my flatmate had clothes on his floor, so the lizard decided to make itself home in his clothes. We then brushed all of his clothes out into the living and began shaking them off out the window. Yeup, we were going to drop the lizard down 9 stories. 

Fortunately, for the lizard, being small and light, it drifted into the netting around our water heater and AC unit. We immediately shut all of our windows, because we did not want to deal with this again. 

So what have we learned today:
 - Lizards can somehow scale 9 story building to reside under refrigerators
 - Trying to agitate a lizard will only entice it to run into bedrooms
 - My flatmate apparently has comfortable boxers, as lizards enjoy residing in them

3 comments:

  1. Oh too funny! Glad to hear school and travel are working out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizards!! Oh Joy!! Nice to hear you're having other enjoying adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thing happen in Florida when we were there for rotations! Nothing like chasing a lizard around the house...

    ReplyDelete