Tuesday, March 5, 2013

...And The Semester Finally Begins

As the title says, the semester has begun. While everyone back at Concordia spread out across the globe for Spring Break we were tucking in for the start of semester. So begins the period of repetitive weeks and seemingly endless readings. 

I have a new Hebrew professor, which kind of sucks, but I'll get over it. We moved from 25 hours of Hebrew a week down to only 7, so that is awesome. Although, I'm in Hebrew 8.5 hours, because I wanted to be in the intensive course, which isn't all too intensive. It is just an extra hour and a half every week where you practice speaking. The emphasis is on the fluency of forming our thought in words (in Hebrew of course). There is little emphasis on always getting the right grammar. 

My Kabbalah and Original Sins courses seem like they will be fun. I don't quite how I feel about them, but who knows, maybe something will change. My Original Sins course is very historical, which is not always my cup of tea. My Kabbalah course is very much philosophical and constructive, which is exactly my cup of tea. 

3 comments:

  1. I noticed the time stamp. My you were up late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now that the first week of classes is almost over, how did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be a nice, chill semester. A perfect balance of school work and time in Israel.

    ReplyDelete